Flooring hell!

Tom Cancelleri

Flooring sucks, I could watch sparks come off of my table saw blade as I cut the laminate we installed.  They must make that stuff out of anything they can grind up and glue back together. 

I have a swamp cooler and didn't leave enough expansion room, so make sure you leave plenty of gaps at the walls, particularly if you have big humidity swings. We had to pull the baseboard back off and trim the ends with a dremmel vibrating cutter thing to keep it from bowing.  It was less than fun.  In hindsight the 40 or so feet of straight run down the hall and living room without a threshold was a bad idea. 

Flooring sucks, I could watch sparks come off of my table saw blade as I cut the laminate we installed.  They must make that stuff out of anything they can grind up and glue back together. 

I have a swamp cooler and didn't leave enough expansion room, so make sure you leave plenty of gaps at the walls, particularly if you have big humidity swings. We had to pull the baseboard back off and trim the ends with a dremmel vibrating cutter thing to keep it from bowing.  It was less than fun.  In hindsight the 40 or so feet of straight run down the hall and living room without a threshold was a bad idea. 

The instructions call for a 5/16" space around the perimeter. I just so happened to have some scraps that were 11/32" so I cut that up into little pieces to used as spacers.

Gap free trim is like a picture frame it sets off the floor and makes the whole thing look better.

Great looking job !

A little bit of caulk goes a long ways too, so long as you are painting as well. Crazy how much of a difference it makes when you seal the little gaps.