Another Scoop

..Kev

Kev, That's sharp looking!

Right now, our area is out of ice cream. Our favorite supplier, Blue Bell Ice Cream, has a small glitch going. Everyone is praying for them that they will come back full force and fulfill our cravings.

I was down your way not too long ago so, was aware of their "glitch" ;)

Thanks for the kind words!

Looks nice, I should get one of these. My brother broke my other ice cream scoop.

Cooper Ben and Jerry's make it.

The metal came from Rockler and is quite stout.  I was pleasantly surprised!

Wooly? Did you mean "Woody " ?

I believe it is americanized slang for the Italian word voglia. 

"voglia" is the standard Italian word for "desire", it is pronounced "VOH-lee-a". I can see how in some dialects it could be pronounced as "WOO-lee".

I will have to figure something out. I don't have a lathe to make the handle.

I've heard of people chucking them up in their drill press to do it.  It's got to be a bit hard on the chuck but, I can see it working.

Mount a dowel centering point in a flat scrap of wood and clamp that to your drill press table to act as a dead center for turning. Should add some support to avoid excess lateral stress on the bearings. At least it would get you by for making a tool handle or two. Shape the handle with rasps, files, sandpaper, unless you can come up with some way to make a sturdy tool rest on the drill press!