Job site tablesaw recommendations?

SawDustB

post-17761-14337171923_thumb.jpg

Well, I didn't get as far as I hoped with assembling the new saw, but I should be cutting with it soon. Unfortunately yard work ate up most of my day, although I at least managed to get it upright so I can finish it in the evenings this week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

0ff0a44973ca8323504fc7ca1da78212.jpg

I only had about a half hour last night to continue with the saw, but I got the rails initially mounted. I still need to finish getting everything aligned and level. The split rail ended up being easy to join if I held it vertical, so the weight of the rails pushed them together.

With any luck, I'll turn it on tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.

2d84a4732e87573892d1e5dbd0c5e94d.jpg

It's assembled! Leveling the tables and rails was a pain, but it could have been worse. Boy, that saw is sure smooth running compared to my old one (and quiet too). I didn't have time to cut anything after getting it together, but I'm looking forward to trying that tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Yeah, the foot pedal engages the casters. In my picture, the saw is lifted up so I could push it out of the way. Normally that pedal is flipped up when the saw is down. The built in lift on this saw works pretty well, although part of it came assembled upside down from the factory. Fortunately, I wasn't the first one to see that, so I was expecting it might be an issue.

Yes, it does. As it's set up right now, there's about a 1/16 gap between the bottom of the fence and the table. There's a notch in the back fence bracket that rides on a ridge on the rear rail. It didn't want to glide smoothly until I rubbed a little wax on the rails, now you can push the fence and it will slide quite nicely.

I fired it up and cut some plywood for a straight line ripping jig on it today. It's such a smooth cut compared to what I'm used to, even with the stock blade. I think the biggest difference is the sheer mass of the saw, along with the riving knife keeping the cut clean. Is it wrong that I probably could have been quite happy ripping little strips of plywood out there all night? :)

• Like 1

Yes, it does. As it's set up right now, there's about a 1/16 gap between the bottom of the fence and the table. There's a notch in the back fence bracket that rides on a ridge on the rear rail. It didn't want to glide smoothly until I rubbed a little wax on the rails, now you can push the fence and it will slide quite nicely.

my fence is set up the same way, makes building an out feed table a pain.

I can see how it would. My fence rails have t track slots in the bottom, so I'd probably use that if I was going to make an out feed table. I'm limited on space, so likely for now I'll just keep using my roller stands to handle that.