Earthquake!

Tpt life

Are you in Michigan? My mother-in-law posted on Facebook this morning about an earthquake near Lansing. She's in Novi.

No, just into Indiana. Same quake with felt effects from thirty miles east of Chicago to Boling Green, Ohio. I don't get reports from north of Kalamazoo.

We had a minor quake in Atlanta when I was in elementary school. A vase jumped of the mantle and smashed. I was the only one home and they didn't belive it wasn't my fault until it was on the news that evening. I think it was a minor slip in the New Madrid Fault. When that fault has a big one this whole area is going to ring like a bell !

We had a minor quake in Atlanta when I was in elementary school. A vase jumped of the mantle and smashed. I was the only one home and they didn't belive it wasn't my fault until it was on the news that evening. I think it was a minor slip in the New Madrid Fault. When that fault has a big one this whole area is going to ring like a bell !

in 1811 and 1812 the quakes were so strong they made the Mississippi flow backwards! I was just reading about the new Madrid and it's expected to be the cause of a "catastrophic" quake... Time to move!

Don't move west ! They just discovered the Yellowstone volcano magma chambers are much bigger than they thought !

volcano magma chambers, what every homeowner needs! I think of rather stick with the shakes, the west coast can keep the volcanos!

We are starting to get earth quakes in Kansas and Oklahoma. They are blaming it on the oil industry and their "fracking" methods and disposal of the water in deep wells.

Rog

Yeah, but can they prove it? This could get political and religious all in one post, but I suppose Eric will just delete it so I won't bother.

We had a quake a few years ago in Virginia all the way up to Jersey. The tv's over my head in my office were shaking, my chair rocked, we all logged at each other and said uhhh what was that, and what do we do now? Got to go home after that since they needed to inspect the entire building

Yeah, but can they prove it? This could get political and religious all in one post, but I suppose Eric will just delete it so I won't bother.

Good idea. ;)

If you can somehow tie in fracking, earthquakes, Jesus and woodworking, I'll let it slide.  It better be pretty clever though.

Good idea. ;)

If you can somehow tie in fracking, earthquakes, Jesus and woodworking, I'll let it slide. It better be pretty clever though.

ok, here goes.

The bible says the earth will grow more wicked towards the end days, that there will be earthquakes and floods, outbreaks of disease and these are signs of the end! So these earthquakes are easily explained, and I believe In Jesus, he was a woodworker ya know. The liberal left wants to blame frack ing for all kinds of issues, another way to stop us from using our natural resources to live comfortably, they blame fracking for quakes, burning gas causes global warming, and all sorts of lies, when in reality the left just wants control, they want us dependent on the Goverment, not to be free to live as we wish! Jesus will return and we will see the lies we are told, then it's going to be all powermatic and festool with walnut split top roubo benches! Hallalugha! AMEN!!!

How's that Eric?

ok, here goes.

The bible says the earth will grow more wicked towards the end days, that there will be earthquakes and floods, outbreaks of disease and these are signs of the end! So these earthquakes are easily explained, and I believe In Jesus, he was a woodworker ya know. The liberal left wants to blame frack ing for all kinds of issues, another way to stop us from using our natural resources to live comfortably, they blame fracking for quakes, burning gas causes global warming, and all sorts of lies, when in reality the left just wants control, they want us dependent on the Goverment, not to be free to live as we wish! Jesus will return and we will see the lies we are told, then it's going to be all powermatic and festool with walnut split top roubo benches! Hallalugha! AMEN!!!

How's that Eric?

Epic FAIL.

But I'll leave it for now because I find your delusion somewhat hilarious. :D

On a serious note...no one wants the forum to be bland and boring, and no one wants to police it and delete posts.  But in the history of the interwebs, there isn't a single forum that has ever existed and remained friendly when politics and religion are allowed for "discussion."  Who knows why, but people simply cannot control themselves when it comes to these two subjects.  It gets ugly.  Every time.  Without exception.

I don't enjoy editing threads...but I've been bestowed with that duty and I'll continue to honor my obligations.  Carry on frackers.  :) 

• Like 1

Epic FAIL.

But I'll leave it for now because I find your delusion somewhat hilarious. :D

On a serious note...no one wants the forum to be bland and boring, and no one wants to police it and delete posts. But in the history of the interwebs, there isn't a single forum that has ever existed and remained friendly when politics and religion are allowed for "discussion." Who knows why, but people simply cannot control themselves when it comes to these two subjects. It gets ugly. Every time. Without exception.

I don't enjoy editing threads...but I've been bestowed with that duty and I'll continue to honor my obligations. Carry on frackers. :)

well, people are passionate about their beliefs, and generally when people disagree they don't do so very tactfully. It's ok if you want to delete it, I've had worse happen :D

Btw, don't tell me you don't enjoy your moderation duties... I know your sitting at home with the ban hammer and a can of polish...

• Like 1