Cheapest dust collection fitings?

duckkisser

I need a bunch of 4x4x4 y fitings, 4x4x2 y fitings blast gates, dust hoods, and hose for both 2" and 4" planing on seting up all my dust collection at once. But I want to save my money where I can. So where have you found to have the cheapest price on dust collection fitings? I'm planing on using pvc pipe so they need to fit pvc

I finally just set up my shop with hard piped DC.  Its all 4" from the separator to the blast gates, and then a short run of flex to each stationary machine.  I know that 6" would be ideal, but it would require a complete rework of my trashcan separator as well as making a new inlet shroud for my DC unit.  Not to mention that I priced 6" PVC from a local plumbing supply company, and it came out to over $800 for less than a 20' run with fittings.  I think I ended up right around $140 for everything going the 4" route.

I bought all my 4" PVC fittings at Lowes.  It was the cheapest I found by far.  I looked at woodworking supply places, plumbing supply stores, and big box stores.  The fittings at Lowes were 50% of the cost that I could find anywhere else.  The 444 Wyes ran about $7 I think, 45 elbows were $4-5, 90 degree long turns were somewhere around $9 each I think.

I'm not sure if I saw any 442 Wye fittings, but you can get reducers there to get down to 2" on one of the legs I believe.

What was frustrating was that no big box store in my area carried 4" PVC that would fit the fittings at lowes.  All they had was the black thick walled stuff, and the fittings for that pipe was 3x the cost of the white ones I bought.  I ended up buying the 4" foam walled PVC pipe (or whatever its called).  It has a slight ribbed texture, but is not flexible, and it is much lighter than any other 4" PVC pipe I found.

Edit:  I googled 3 wall sewer pipe that that is the stuff I got at Lowes.  It has worked fine for me.  I was worried about how well it would glue together with the 4" PVC fittings, but it went together just fine.  The main concern I have about it is that the inside surface is slightly ribbed, which I can only assume causes some air turbulence and reduces airflow...but it was really my only option at the time.

I bought THESE blast gates off Amazon.  They're plastic, but I like them.  They don't need a thumb screw to stay open like some of the metal gates do, and they work fine in my shop.  Plus at $6 the price was right.