Memorial Box

..Kev

Very nice box and good workmanship on it.

I'm glad you posted this now. A very good friend just lost his wife and just last Friday he ask me to make an urn for him.

He wants a double urn for him and his wife to be together. I'm not sure what or how I'm going to do that but, I've been thinking about the overall design and yours does give me some ideas.

Thanks for posting and good job.

Rog

• Like 1

Very nice box and good workmanship on it.

I'm glad you posted this now. A very good friend just lost his wife and just last Friday he ask me to make an urn for him.

He wants a double urn for him and his wife to be together. I'm not sure what or how I'm going to do that but, I've been thinking about the overall design and yours does give me some ideas.

Thanks for posting and good job.

Rog

Thanks for that Roger!  Marc posted one at the start of the year on the free site as well..  Actually where I got many of my ideas.

Kev, great job on the box but I'm sorry you had to make it.

Is the top profile just a panel bit?

My mother just recently asked me if I would make a two part urn for her and my father. Not quite sure how I feel about pre making them. .

Yes.  It was a bit that I had on hand.  

Kev, great job on the box but I'm sorry you had to make it.

Is the top profile just a panel bit?

My mother just recently asked me if I would make a two part urn for her and my father. Not quite sure how I feel about pre making them. .

Brendon,

You should feel honored.

A friend who was 80 YO at the time, ask me to make his urn about six years ago and I did. His urn is still on the top shelf of his closet to this day. :)

I have made urns for both my wife and my self as we have planned ahead in an effort to help our children when the time comes.

Some people have trouble with the inevitable fact that we are mortal. 

The friend who just ask me about making an urn is that way. His wife died about two months ago and I offered him an urn at that time but he said that he didn't want it. She donated her body to a medical school and he will receive the ashes in about a year and planned on scattering them at a favorite location.

He is 80 YO now and still has had trouble planning ahead for the end of his life and doesn't want to talk about it, but he is finally coming around to realizing that he needs to.

I can understand your reluctance to make an urn for your parents, I had the same problem when one of my best friends wanted me to make his urn and I hesitated and "just didn't get around to it". He died a few months later and then it was too late and I've regretted it ever since. There was NO way that I was able to make it after the fact. His passing was just too hard on me.

Rog

Beautiful.

What is your mechanical solution for making all of the leg curves identical?  Or do you do it by sight?

I made a template.  After the joinery was complete, I cut one side in the bandsaw, taped the off cut back on, and cut the other side of the leg on the bandsaw.  From there, it was run across the spindle sander to get to my final lines.