Sound system for the shop

duckkisser

I know nothing about speakers but I want to find something that I can use to listen to music over the machines. I have a pair of speakers with 160 mm subwoofers 2 way speaker system they don't seem to be very loud. Frankly I'm over my head I don't know anything about sound systems if anyone has any pointers I would apreciate the advise.

I know nothing about speakers but I want to find something that I can use to listen to music over the machines. I have a pair of speakers with 160 mm subwoofers 2 way speaker system they don't seem to be very loud. Frankly I'm over my head I don't know anything about sound systems if anyone has any pointers I would apreciate the advise.

Wow..  You're talking about a loud system!

Suggest some of the earphones like what Marc uses..  I don't recall what they are but, someone will chime in with the info..

Hi, I would suggest one of the portable Bluetooth speakers as well. I also have a Bose and it's great because you can take it anywhere. I just purchased an Ion Job rocker to use for tailgating and outdoor events. Sometimes the Bose is not loud enough.

I'm not sure I would crank either of them up to full volume in the shop. I enjoy music and want to keep my hearing as long as possible. Look for some noise canceling headphones for the shop. Bose wireless will do the job if you can afford it. Otherwise one of the cheaper wireless brands will do but the noise cancelling might not be as good.

For safety sake stay away from wired headsets in the shop.

I have an old Sherwood stereo receiver in my shop connected to some 30 year old speakers from my first stereo system. I sometimes crank it up if I'm doing something that doesn't require a power tool.

As for hearing protection with built in music that's a very bad idea from a safety stand point as you can't really hear what the machine is doing. I could only imagine what would have happen to me if I didn't here that metal guard under the insert on the table saw rattling. I've seen first hand what it did to another saw and where the blade ended up in that persons ceiling when it caught that piece of metal.