Got my new planer

TheFatBaron

And everything else I ordered, actually. Movers got my 15" Grizzly planer (G0453Z) into the basement unscathed, and got a giant tip for their trouble.

It's out of the crate and my goal for the night was to get the foot pedal on so I could move it easily. I got the wheel on without a problem, but the foot pedal itself is driving me nuts. As shown in the manual (page 29 of this PDF), you need to remove the pin, e-clips, and washer. The only thing is... I can't figure out how to do this. It doesn't seem like something to pry/pull apart, and the whole thing seems to move when I rotate it. 

Obviously, their Tech Support is closed so, worst case, I can call while I'm at work tomorrow. In the meantime, I was hoping someone here has a similar planer and knows what to do.

Cooper - it's page 17, according to the page numbers, but the in actual pages in the PDF, it's page 29. I didn't think about checking the parts diagram. I'll take a look at that.

TIODS - ah, youtube. I actually didn't think to check there. Time to go digging...

you only need to open up those e-clips a tiny bit to get them off.  I usually just use a flat tipped screwdriver to push one end open and push it off.  

If you have a set of Reverse hog nose pliers, those work great for the c clip. Otherwise, a screwdriver and hammer work well. Just have something behind it to make sure it doesn't fly across the shop into oblivion.

Looking at the bottom photo, the open area on the back of the clip is used to pry them off from the back.

Have you got it going now? I just looked at it's the same one as mine. Yep, remove the c clip from one side only, then slide the bar out, put your pedal in place, bar back thru the washer, thru the bracket holes, next washer and then the c clip back in place.