Christmas Prototype

..Kev

I know it's early but, it seems my list grows each year so, wanted to get a jump on things..  Here's the prototype of the Pizza Cutters for this year.  They will match the ice cream scoops from last year.

1 down and about 25 to go..  Padauk for the wife.

Evd5KV.jpg

Nice. Where's the hardware from Kev?

The hardware comes from Rockler - There's actually a pretty good sale on it right now as well.

Wow Kev! Very nice.

Talk about getting way ahead of the game.

Come November I'll be scrambling.

Thanks Dave, I have about 25 of them to do so, best to start early with my travel schedule.

How do you like working the endgrain of that Padauk?  I know my dad isn't so fond of the endgrain.  Likes to grab tools a bit. 

I didn't find it too bad at all.. Tools were good and sharp and there wasn't too much of it to deal with.

For the most part, I hate working with Padauk period!  The red dust mess in the shop seems to last forever no matter how well you clean up!

those are going to be great gifts, my son and I made some picture frames out of padauk last weekend, never worked with this wood before, glued the corners with TBII, will that hold or should I have used something else? Beautiful wood but that red dust is everywhere

those are going to be great gifts, my son and I made some picture frames out of padauk last weekend, never worked with this wood before, glued the corners with TBII, will that hold or should I have used something else? Beautiful wood but that red dust is everywhere

You should be fine with that glue..

I'm still battling the red dust  ;)

Those look awesome kev. yall are seriously making me want to but a mini lathe for all these cool little gadgets and gismos.

Thanks..  They make cool gifts.  I also sell a few but, not enough to matter.

Well, it was a late night as well as some more work this morning but, I got the bulk of them done..  There's always a few late requests so, I'm sure there will be a few more.

Here's a Rosewood one that turned out pretty cool

4BrUWO.jpg

And the bulk of the rest that are spoken for..

SDL88f.jpg

I'll be leaving again on Monday so, this will be the last of my project posts for a while..