Fame - makes a man take things over

Eric.

:D  I'd pretty much forgotten that I submitted that project...took more than a year to cycle through.  So don't give up hope!

Wow, you've now lived a complete life :)

How did you clear out the negative space on the stone holders?  Router I assume?

m'yessir

Mortal hell, his head is gonna swell now!

post-14556-0-24789800-1431699959_thumb.j

Well done Eric. I saw this when you posted it here earlier. Question; When I get thru sharpening, and I use water stones, my area is covered with water and slurr. I actually set the stones up in a plastic tray to catch all of the crap. How do you keep this stuff from "infecting" your wood tray/table?

• Like 1

Thanks peeps.  No swollen head...impossible to get too cocky around this place...y'all keep a brother in check, no doubt. :D

Mortal hell, his head is gonna swell now!

How do you keep this stuff from "infecting" your wood tray/table?

I don't.  It was built to be utilitarian despite the bling I added.  It's filthy as a mofo.  And Jimmy crack corn.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

-William Shakespeare

Eric has had greatness thrust upon him!

You said thrust. LOL

• Like 2

Wow! I just saw this, late to the game. Amazing job Eric. It really looks good and contrary to what some others might have critiqued i don't think its overkill for shop furniture its badass. Definitely makes me want to get my butt in gear and build something to have quicker access to my stones and pond. I bought the veritas dx60 block plane a month ago and its still in the box. I keep wanting to use it but it goes against everything inside of me to put that pm-v11 blade in that plane and use it before i give it a proper polish, seems dirty and sinful and the woodworking gods would cast me into the fiery pits of hell with all the knitters... 

...Ok, that might seem a little harsh but you catch my drift.. :wacko:  

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Daniel, there are a few small spots of rust on the bottom of my DiaFlat.  It doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy...but it IS the bottom...so who cares I guess.  I can't imagine it will rust through to the top before I die of oldness.

I drilled drainage holes in the stone holders so they don't sit in a pool of water, but it certainly stays moist for a while.  If I'm not feeling lazy and I know that I'm done with a sharpening session for a while, I'll tip the DiaFlat up onto the ledge of the holder until things dry out.  Usually I'm feeling lazy.

• Like 1