Things that can happen when you least expect them

xxdabroxx

So Friday night I fell asleep on the couch, woke up about 12:30ish to relocate to the bed.  Well, woke up the dog and walked down the hall into the bedroom and then it gets interesting.  Undo my pants and as they drop to my ankles I feel a gouging pain on my left shin.  WTF?  So I get my pants the rest of the way off in time to see blood spilling down my shin.  What in the? 

Somehow my Benchmade must've opened partially in my pocket and gouged my shin as my pants fell to the floor.  So here I am wanting to go to bed with an 1.1/2" long gash on my leg leaking like a stuck pig.  Go to the bathroom, dripping on the floor on my way to try and sop up some of the blood.  Doesn't seem to want to quit so I finally wake up my room mate to help me close it up.  He's always using that liquid bandage stuff so I try and get him to glue me shut to no avail.  Apparently that only works on small not gash like wounds, so we found some tape and gauze and got me sealed up good enough to go to bed.  (perfect time to have white sheets btw.) 

Well this is what it looked like the next morning when I woke up.  Much deeper than I had originally thought but nothing some butterfly bandages won't close up. 

20150516_104917.jpg

I've got it sealed up fair enough with the butterflies, but I'm definitely keeping it clean.  I keep gauze over the butterflies to keep stuff out and blood in, figured it was a good idea to stay out of the garage for the weekend even though I really wanted to work on my bench legs. 

20150517_085242.jpg

Having furry legs is less than fun right now though.  I think pulling the hair out hurts worse than the cut did. 

I had the same happen to me one night but I was trying to pull my pants up and find the window at the same time.

I guess it could have been worse :wacko:

Yeah...lucky you weren't carrying a Glock-made. :)

I'm no doctor but I think that gash is gonna leave a mark.

Ouch, as a very fond carrier of several Benchmade knives I know how sharp they are. I've done field surgery on some nasty cuts. My bro in law and I were replacing a part in a transmission and he sliced his finger open I grabbed my bag and butterfly bandages, styptic pen. I closed him up and he talks about it 4 years later how tight I closed it up with butterfly bandages, and there's almost no scar.

Might wanna get that stitched.  

Also, which model Benchmade? 

943 Osborne.  It's an old photo, has a little more wear on it now.  I also keep the edge with a mirror polish on it with my leather strops and diamond paste now.  

P49583916.jpg

P49583114.jpg

I love the axis lock, although I don't love that it shanked me.  LOL 

I'm surprised the axis lock opened on you. I'll post my benchmades later.

ME TOO!!!!  I think a little bit of material got wadded up at the thumb stud and pried it open about a half inch.  Which left a pointy knife tip hanging out.  That's my only guess at this point.  I mean it springs back closed so that's about all I can come up with.