Birthday present from the wife ... what!

bushwacked

How do you like it? I have had very little exposure to miter saws so far. Does the LED help or is it more of a hindrance? 

Thank you thank you :)

I don't have the led on mine.  I just roll the guard up with my right thumb and use the blade to align my cuts.  I haven't done much precision work, as it was purchased to help install about 1700 ft of laminate flooring but it seems to work great.  I'm sure the green koolaid is better but this does darn fine for me, has plenty of juevos.  I don't completely trust its angle readouts so I use a speed square to align the blade to the angle I want.  If I adjusted it a little it would be right on, but I'm lazy and use it mostly for rough work. 

I'd like a longer bed on it, but I won't be building one at my current residence.  I built a shelf on the exposed stud walls of the garage to set it on for now but it's a fair bit too tall even for my liking (I'm about 6'2"). 

I have the single bevel version, and I like it.  I installed the LED as an add-on, and I'm happy with it.  The blade casts a shadow which shows both sides of the kerf.

Very cool, glad you were a fan! 

Excellent gift! Happy birthday! You must have been a very good boy this past year.....or she DOES have an ulterior motive!

LOL ... with all the traveling for work I have been doing, it must be the latter :) 

Very nice

Thanks! 

Awesome! I got many years use out of mine!

Sweet! I know it is no Kapex but this should be all I ever need + more

My bet is on the latter.......Congrats have used one on many job sites but never for woodworking. It works great I am sure you'll love it.

You are correct :) ... thanks! So why have you never used one for woodworking? Just curious ... Did you like it on the jobsite?

And after the crown molding, it's yours to do as ya please!

Happy BD to ya!

Yes! If I survive the crown molding it will be mine haha

Very cool, glad you were a fan! 

LOL ... with all the traveling for work I have been doing, it must be the latter :)

Thanks! 

Sweet! I know it is no Kapex but this should be all I ever need + more

You are correct :) ... thanks! So why have you never used one for woodworking? Just curious ... Did you like it on the jobsite?

Yes! If I survive the crown molding it will be mine haha

Loved it on the job site, never used it for funiture because it was not my saw and I love my cross cut sled for cross cuts. I use my jig saw for breaking down stock so it just doesn't fit into my workflow.