Ridgid Table Saw: TS3610 vs TS3650

theeveningwood

I have a TS3650.  A little googling tells me that the 3612 has a US made motor vs the imported one on the TS3650.  The bearings in my motor have been shot for a long time and it's gotten to the point where I can't ignore it anymore.  The 3650 has an issue with the arbor and dado stacks.  There's a little narrow spot next to where a normal blade sits so that if you put a dado stack on the first chipper falls into the low spot and cuts slightly deeper than the rest of the stack.  Ridgid offered a replacement arbor for free but the saw you are looking at may or may not have it.  I've been using it in a full time shop for 10 years and other than bearings it's held up fine.

I have a 3650, and have had it for many years. I have been looking at replacing it for the last 3, but I cannot find a reason to do so. It's an excellent saw. My unit was made after the arbour issue, and I run a dado stack with no problems.

If you get the serial number, the guys over at ridgidforum.com can let you know if that particular unit has the arbour issue.