Help with creating a profile

All,

I need a little help in trying to recreate a profile for picture rail in our old home. I was hoping to achieve this profile without having to purchase custom bits. I need to preface this by saying that I do not have a shaper, but I do have pretty much everything else. I will also say that I am aware that I can purchase this molding on many home restoration websites, but was hoping to make my own (unless the cost is just too much).

So here we go. In the provided picture, the molding profile on the right is what matches that in the home. I have the bit to make the lower profile, but my issue is with cutting the 5/8" curve at the top. The molding in the middle is what it would look like using a 5/16" radius bullnose bit at 90 degrees (I'm not much of a fan of this one). So, I'm wondering if anyone can provide insight on how to accomplish the profile on the right (the original). The bottom of the arc is approximately 65 degrees off of horizontal. Should I just create a jig that would present the wood at that angle? Seems a bit dangerous.

As always, I appreciate everyone's help.

Jerry

P.S. -- I am a hobby woodworker who is frantically trying to complete a nursery for my wife in an effort to stay out of the dog house. :-)

post-5175-0-84279800-1432310157_thumb.jp

I would take these as built up moldings.  The first is just a 3/8" cove and round over bits.  The other two will be a little more complicated.  I would make the beading with round over bits with a groove cut out on the back.  The scoops look like raised panel bits.  How exact do these moldings need to match?