Smoker/Oven/Grill, first ideas on paper

Raefco

I'm out of town for work for a couple weeks, once I got caught up on my sleep boredom started to set in, so I decided to start working out some details on the next large project of the 2 year home build, thankfully I am nearing the end of that journey.

This unit will sit on an elevated patio just out side my kitchen door at the same elevation as the kitchen floor, the total scope of the project is yet to be determined, there will be some masonry steps and possibly a pergola covering it all.

It absolutely kills me to do the prep and design stuff, I just want to build it. I should be able to get started in earnest by 1st of July and if I can get the arch forms, doors and dampers built before hand it should only take 4-5 days to build. So, fire away and throw out some feed back. F3D7B1C4-8AFA-4659-B10D-3E01594457E2_zps

If you are doing all that, might want to add a sink. We rented a vacation house that had an outdoor set up, including a sink. It was real handy for cleaning up the BBQ tools and taming flare ups.

That is a good idea and I had not considered it because it is so close to the kitchen. I am thinking I will add gas backup so I am not tied to wood and charcoal. Due to it location adding water and gas would not be a big deal

Thanks

I have considered it, if I use stainless I will put a layer of ceramic fiber behind it, I'm in MI relining an aluminum furnace now I can get about any type of masonry or refractory material I might want to use through work