Please no, not another Roubo build thread

Sweet man. Did you find any tricks for ripping those long thin boards down on the band saw? It feels like a 10' board would be super easy to tweak just enough to bring it away from the fence.

After many a tweak, I got a good position and feel for the best way to feed them. I feed from about 2 feet from the saw pushing the boards in the direction of a 10 oclock position. This worked pretty well, there's little bits here and there that got some little peaks and valleys, but these are rough rips, and fed through the planer to clean up those edges.

The only time my Dewalt has been up that high was to wax the table or clean the rollers. That a hunker!

Yea same here, I thought it looked funny sitting that high. I'm gonna actually wax the table tomorrow, through a quick layer of renaissance wax to slick it up a bit. Had some stickage today in some spots.

Wow. Youre really working your butt off. At this pace you should be done in a week or two....

I wish, I was off from work all last week, and I decided on Saturday to start working on the bench, as I have been winding down the memorial dog box for my friend. Tomorrow at best I'll get the dog box finished up, and hopefully Wednesday I'll get the front slab out of the clamps. Thursday/Friday/Saturday I'm hoping to finish milling the wood for the back slab and get it glued up, I have the wood for the legs already jointed, need to cut those down to rough length and finish milling them. I don't want to mill everything since I bought 50 or so extra board feet.

You're a beast!

You must be single or have a real cool chick....lol. So jelous of all the shop time you get. Keep the pics coming its looking great!

Both, my chick has her own hobbies, and we see each other a few times a week, usually once on the weekend and once or twice during the week. She lives about 30 miles away, so quick visits aren't easy, and she's got 3 dogs as do I, so we have obligations and responsibilities. Which works for me and my shop time =). She's an awesome artist, paints, draws and such. 

Both, my chick has her own hobbies, and we see each other a few times a week, usually once on the weekend and once or twice during the week. She lives about 30 miles away, so quick visits aren't easy, and she's got 3 dogs as do I, so we have obligations and responsibilities. Which works for me and my shop time =). She's an awesome artist, paints, draws and such.

Wow. If ever you guys get married your going to need a dog park for a back yard, a big pooper scooper and an even bigger vacuum for all hair! I use to have 3 dogs but down to one now. I compensated by having a bunch of kids 4 kids + 1 large hard headed mastiff= busy.

Out of the clamps, hit with the cabinet scraper to get some dried glue off. Gonna get a couple of light passes on the jointer before planing to 4" it's 4 3/8 right now.

Maybe tomorrow I can get some of the back slab milling done, and rip those huge boards to 5 inches

How wide is your jointer Tom?  That slab fits on it?