Please no, not another Roubo build thread

I might have to build some supports for the tops out of 2x4s while working on the bench, my saw horses can't hold the front and back at the same time due to width, and probably strength. I'm scared the front's gonna bust them. I figure some 2x4s with some vertical supports would support them nicely, would be strong enough to hold the tops, and won't be 150 bucks for big metal sawhorses.

Ran the front slab over the jointer, which I don't care what push blocks you use is a difficult challenge. Grrriper, standard 5 dollar push blocks. What worked the best was my suede gloves and pulling and pushing at the same time.

Ran through the planer and brought it to 4 1/32" I hit the top with a card scraper to get down any little ridges from the planer.

Front slab is ready to get chopped to final length. I'll tackle this with the track saw, and some clever spacer clamping

f261e56cea7ce2c92cf3cbe47903778f.jpg

Grumble grumble. I route out my vise cavity. Had a bit of a hiccup. But caught while routing and jumped. Was a huge pucker moment. I was holding the router really hard too. Good thing I undercut the length, I was able to extend it. Had to run out though after routing the vise cavity. Pics later.

dc3c43a4bb2d92b35c84f1054810ca2f.jpg

You could shorten your bench by the amount you're over your line and then just extend your cut out to the end of the damage.  Doesn't look like you lose anything noticeable in the overall length of your bench.

Glad you didn't get hurt!  Change your shorts, learn the lesson, and move on.