Measuring board lengths for bevel and miter cuts

Hi guys, 

This may seem like a simple task, but i am stumped.

I am trying to make a shelf I found in a magazine. All the corner joints are bevel cuts. In the cut list, it states what the finished lengths are suppose to be. How do I get the pieces to be the specified lengths? Some of the pieces of bevel cuts that go the same direction, and some are opposing cuts (i'm sure there is a technical name for what I am trying to describe, but I don't know what it is).  When all the pieces are put together, it will make an "L" shape

I                                I

I                                 _______________

I                                                              I

If you just think of the overall length of a given piece, it's easy to figure out. For a piece with facing miters, the overall length is just the exterior length. For a piece with miters facing the same direction, the overall length is the exterior length + 1 thickness

e.g.

Given a board thickness of 3/4", for a piece with 2 miters facing the same direction, take the exterior length and add 3/4" for the total board length.

There's also a case where you would take the board length and add 2 thicknesses but that case is not in your diagram.