Neighborly woodworking

the guy across the street has been telling me for 3 years when he cleans out his FOUR car garage (think hoarder) he's going to start woodworking, loaned him my biscuit joiner last year, told me he new how to use it (showed him anyway) brought it back later with 16 stitches in his thumb, still don't know how he did it. No trespassing sign going up soon with pictures of unwanted neighbors on it.

the guy across the street has been telling me for 3 years when he cleans out his FOUR car garage (think hoarder) he's going to start woodworking, loaned him my biscuit joiner last year, told me he new how to use it (showed him anyway) brought it back later with 16 stitches in his thumb, still don't know how he did it. No trespassing sign going up soon with pictures of unwanted neighbors on it.

Trying to put a biscuit in a piece of wood to narrow for the depth of the cutter and holding it in your hand?

He had to push the blade into his thumb some how and that seems the most likely to me.

I stopped working with the garage door open because it attracted too much attention.  This is a solitary hobby for me, and usually I only get an 1 or 2 (at most) in the shop at a time.  I just don't have time to play grab ass with the neighbors.  

I live next to some folks that don't speak English, for the most part.  One speaks broken English and I'm really giving him too much credit.  They are nice though.  Christopher (at least I think that's what he said his name was) occasionally will borrow a tool or something.  A few months ago they were working on a car.  Here comes Chris.  After several 'What?  Say that again?'s, I figured out that he needed a spare tire.  Instead of asking and going through that, I just walked over and saw the lug pattern.  It was the same as a trailer I have so I pulled the spare off of the mount (which would have been easier for Chris to say than for me to actually do thanks to several years of rust).  When I rolled it over to Chris, he said no.  So here we go again with him not knowing what to say and me not knowing what he was saying.  Turns out, he just wanted a tire, no rim.  Why you ask?  To hang it from the trunk so it didn't mess up the bumper when they pushed the broken down car from the yard and down the street with their other car.