Shop stool recommendations

Llama

Hey, I tried to ask Google what a good stool was... Well, that didn't result in any usable information. At least not for a shop stool... 

I'm looking for a shop stool. Has to be good for a fat guy... Something with an adjustable seat would be pure luxury. Not looking to spend a lot on this. 

I'm not opposed to making one, but I don't have a lot of spare time to spend on non-client builds.

It happens that I am in the midst of prototyping an adjustable height stool design. I plan to post a journal if you are interested, although my prototype is built from pine I had lying around, and I am not sure how strong the seat attachment will be.

There is always the chance it will be an epic failure.

This is the stool I use. Pretty inexpensive, I'm 6'1 240 and it's plenty comfortable for my butt. I use it at my 33" tall bench and 40" tall tool box top. I had a nice snap-on stool before this but it didn't raise up enough for me to sit and work on small tasks at the tool box top.

post-16319-0-68919400-1432507744_thumb.p