Flooding

Coop

Thanks! No sir, didn't wash away. I got about 1.5 " in my garage/shop at about 4:30 and by 6:30 I had the fans on the floor trying to get it dry. Ended up with 9.1" of rain in 5 hours.

Lake Travis near Austin was down 65' due to a drought. It is almost full now!

Thanks! The sun's out now and every wrecker driver in town is busy clearing flooded vehicles off of underpasses on the freeway. Lots of car dealerships are going to be busy these next few weeks. I did do the WD-40 this morning about 4:45 before I swam to work :D

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Some folks in the Austin area lost their lives, some here lost their property. Me, I only lost 7 hours sleep. At least I don't have to water my tomato plants for the rest of the season :wacko:

• Like 2

Dang ken, sorry you're dealing with that. Like you said, it could have been a lot worse but still no fun.

A friend of a coworker had his boat main lined to a huge piece of concrete with rebar. Apparently the lake rose so much it pulled the boat under. Total bummer

Dang ken, sorry you're dealing with that. Like you said, it could have been a lot worse but still no fun.

A friend of a coworker had his boat main lined to a huge piece of concrete with rebar. Apparently the lake rose so much it pulled the boat under. Total bummer

Years and years ago we had a Hurricane Carla coming our way. Dad kept his boat in a covered stall and went down to prep it as well as possible. In doing so, he forgot to pull the drain plug. His boat ended up floating to the top of the stall and received minor damage where the others sank and were totaled.

Were you wearing your Studley tool cabinet?

Glad you're safe...

Thanks. That would have been a trip, me and the wife on the side of the road waiting for the rescue boat to come pick us up with me wearing a speed-o :wacko:  I did order it today from Highland. $9 shipping but it will be worth it! While researching it this morning, I ran upon a new guy (to me). David Barron,(David Barron Furniture) he's pretty cool!

Thanks Colin for the offer and I'm right there with ya. I found some heavy duty water wings on Amazon that I will attach to my mobile bases as outriggers. No more standing in water for my babies!

just don't forget to put some inner tubes on the edges of the tables so they don't damage each other floating around in the garage!

I'm getting a good perspective of what you folks in the north were having to put up with this past winter with all of the snow. That ark is now getting some serious consideration (without the mosquitoes) ! Several more inches predicted for today and everyday for the next week.....and probably for the rest of my friggin life :wacko:  

• 2 weeks later...