Band saw upgrade. Delta 14. Ball bearing blade guides. Reviews sought.

Willin

If you have upgraded using the $180 Carter b.b. guides, I would like to hear how they enable more precise resawing.

If you have upgraded using the ~$60 Incredible guide, likewise.  How does it enhance resaw ability.  I see that the Incredible, available only through an eBay store, is only a top set.  Bottom guide remains stock.

I do not have the riser block on my Delta, and do not want it.  Am happy with the resaw height I have, but just want some more precision.  I have Cool Blocks and a good 3/4" blade as my only upgrades.

post-16259-0-32536700-1432657260_thumb.p

post-16259-0-34823300-1432657270_thumb.p

I have used cool blocks.....ummm....didn't think they were all that great. Put the stock steel guides back in my Delta, and back to being a happy camper. I get perfect re-saw results. I do have a riser block.

Good blade and a proper saw set-up you should be fine......I say keep the money for other shop requirements. 

-Ace-

My masterforce 14" has all roller bearing guides, I had a delta with blocks, honestly, if your blade is set up right, and your not forcing your work, you shouldn't have to worry about drift. I set my fence square to the table and get nice straight cuts. I think it's more about feed pressure and blade tension than guides.