Wood Construction toys

banderson

Thank you for all the comments.  The wood is poplar.  It is a good wood to make mistakes with.

Bradley, not only is the woodworking super cool, but all seems to be in near perfect proportions. Do you buy patterns or are these your designs?

I don't know about proportions.  I look at Google images and see what I can design.  These are my designs and the plans should be on my Etsy shop soon.  I trying to make things that can take some abuse so I have limited myself to only 4/4 lumber on the construction toys.  My kids love them and that is what counts.

WORK!

And half of those are too young to remember him as Gilligan

what's a "Gilligan"??? (Please note my sarcasam gramps) very nice builds! I've been building the wood magazine construction series myself, they are pretty enjoyable plans.

what's a "Gilligan"??? (Please note my sarcasam gramps) very nice builds! I've been building the wood magazine construction series myself, they are pretty enjoyable plans.

I was doing the wood magazine builds also, but when my son shoved an acorn nut up his nose I figured he was a little young.  That prompted these design projects.

Yes, I did Loctite the nuts. Little kids fingers are like tweezer vice grips.

I was doing the wood magazine builds also, but when my son shoved an acorn nut up his nose I figured he was a little young. That prompted these design projects.

Yes, I did Loctite the nuts. Little kids fingers are like tweezer vice grips.

I can see that, my boy is almost 2, so his play time with them is limited and supervised, I'm thinking 6 and up is a good age for them.

• 3 months later...