Am I wrong?

Mzdadoc

My wife and I have been married almost 2 years. We both have children from our pasts. Am I wrong to think that her X shouldn't ask her to pick him up some milk while we're at the store? Isn't this wrong for him to ask and wrong of her to say yes?

I agree with Kev...there are some situations, like X has a broken foot, and can't drive.  However, if X is too lazy to get off the couch and is taking advantage of your wife's good nature, then by all means, you have every right to be upset.

No...You are not wrong.

I'm at about 1.5 years, and I'm finding that we can both be "right" at the same time.

Given some time you may find that her "transgression" on this one isn't exactly how you viewed it.

Or not.

Could go either way.

Doesn't really matter though.

Over the years she's gonna do so many things that twist you up one way or another.

Pick your battles wisely.

I suggest that she may feel strongly when it comes to the kids...just like you feel.

What's a little spilled milk?...Har, Har

This is a very hard one for many, I have said many times there is absolutely no way I would ever marry if my wife and I devorced, the reason being is my parents devorced before I started school, my mother was ultimately married 3 more times and my dad 2 I ended up living with my grandmother all the way through Highschool. I would not even be able to list all my step sibilings and cousins if I wanted to.

Your kids and hers will have a much better time of all this if everyone can have reasonable interaction even if you, on certain occasions, must go above and beyond to help a dead beat out, just some insite from a guy that has been there and done that, take it with a grain of salt because that's all it worth if you can't make peace with it but her kids will always come first and he is their dad.

Dear annoyed with the milk :D I obviously don't know the whole story but I don't know that it would bother me unless he was asking her to make a special stop just for him. My ex used to ask me to stop and get her cigarettes all the time when I picked my daughter up, then I'd get there and the money just left?! That never happened again, but that's the way that chick is, she's a user, among many other things. So I'd say not to sweat it unless it's turning into an every other weekend thing.

I'd be inclined to deliver the milk myself...after letting it cook in the sun for a few hours.  Here ya go, chief.  Enjoy your milk.

Yeah it's a bit weird.  Whether or not you should feel threatened is up to your confidence in yourself and your marriage.  But I agree with Mark...a cordial relationship between the ex's is important for the kids.  My dad and step-dad had a very tumultuous "relationship" and it made for some bad times when I was a kid.  If your kids are all grown then I'd feel no obligation to share my wife with this loser.

• Like 1

I'd be inclined to deliver the milk myself...after letting it cook in the sun for a few hours.  Here ya go, chief.  Enjoy your milk.

Yeah it's a bit weird.  Whether or not you should feel threatened is up to your confidence in yourself and your marriage.  But I agree with Mark...a cordial relationship between the ex's is important for the kids.  My dad and step-dad had a very tumultuous "relationship" and it made for some bad times when I was a kid.  If your kids are all grown then I'd feel no obligation to share my wife with this loser.

I was reading through this and all along I was wondering when Eric and his avatar would show up  :P

• Like 1

I don't have kids or wife but if this guy has a custody visit coming and you're going to deliver the kid and bought milk during the drop-off it seems okay. 

It's probably good for the kid that the divorced parents still respect each other. Kids are extremely perceptive and most can feel energy better than adults.

I would deliver a jersey cow in his backyard with a bale of hay and a bucket. Problem solved. Wont be asking for milk for a good while.

Then he would just want you to "come and milk your cow", and as long as your comming, "bring a pooper scooper". ;)

Dunno 'bout you, but some might worry he was getting the milk for free....

I'm sorry...that's funny right there!

People are going to do what you allow them to get away with. If it means that much to you then you need to sit down and talk to her about it. Don't hold it in...it will only burn you up inside. Just my 2 cents.