Shaker Workbench

N00b-in-training

Llama, how far along are you? Learn anything interesting along the way? Seems to be a scarcity of resources for Shaker Workbenches, guessing it has something to do with the woodworkers love affair with Roubo benches.

...and when you pull up a stool to do some tedious chisel work, your knees bang into the cabinets. :huh::D

• Like 1

Llama, how far along are you? Learn anything interesting along the way? Seems to be a scarcity of resources for Shaker Workbenches, guessing it has something to do with the woodworkers love affair with Roubo benches.

I've learned a few things along the way. Most importantly, don't start a project journal until it's done.

I spent way to much time debating the construction of the thing. Went back and forth on small details like drawers and such. Even started a somewhat heated debate about round vs square dogs holes...

In all honesty, I don't have much left to do on it. It is basically complete, just need to install the tail vise... And a few minor details to finish it up.

Yes Steve, there are drawers. Soft close ones too :)

• Like 1

Wow, just got threw the full (well... full as it is today...) journal. That's a long journal and then i get the page 16 and the latest progress pictures were bad links. Good luck on finishing it!

Thanks. I'm not sure why the links are bad... I checked my FB account, and the images have been deleted... not sure why.

If you need pics of anything specific, I'll be glad to send them, or add them to the journal.