Big Ass Lights

Mzdadoc

I'm going to do my best and give a review of my new lights that just arrived. I've installed them where I want them on my ceiling and now I just have to wait for my electrician.

post-15913-0-59847000-1433643849_thumb.j

First off they come just like this sent together but in individual boxes with their logo so make sure they get dropped somewhere safe.

post-15913-0-61851400-1433644670_thumb.j

They come very well packaged! I truly believe you could drive over these or drop them from a roof.

post-15913-0-38096100-1433644785_thumb.j

These are extremely well made. They even have sturdy slide out dust covers that slide out one side and fit very well.

post-15913-0-79790800-1433644937_thumb.j

Every where I looked at them they were incredibly engineered almost over engineered. Usually you find somewhere that they skimp on but not these.

post-15913-0-77905600-1433645034_thumb.j

Here's one up on the ceiling.

A little tip for you don't look directly at them when you plug in to test.

I will do a follow up review after everything is done with before and after shots. I read a bunch of reviews before I decided on these and the only negative I read was the cost. Won't lie the cost isn't cheap and I bought many things paying what I thought was much more than I got. Not these! You get what you pay for and they are really well made.

Doc, congrats on the lights. If I may offer a word of advice from experience, the paper on the Sheetrock is as white as it will ever be. It will eventually turn yellow. Paint it white now, before the lights go up.

• Like 1

Ok I admire and respect all of you but really hating those of you that said paint!!! LOL

I spent all day painting the garage. Uh correction. Painting 1/2 the garage. There isn't a single muscle that doesn't hurt right now.

Getting up early to finish painting for the big reveal.

You'll be glad you did. When I built my garage 20 years ago, I taped and floated everything. I also painted the walls and figured I could paint the ceiling anytime. As the years passed, I noticed the paper on the ceiling rock getting yellow and thought I need to paint. Finally, to get better lighting, I figured it was time. As I'm rolling on the paint, the paper on the rock is rolling off. It ended up taking almost 3 gallons of paint to cover that sucker. And I did this with a shop floor full of tools!

Ok I admire and respect all of you but really hating those of you that said paint!!! LOL

I spent all day painting the garage. Uh correction. Painting 1/2 the garage. There isn't a single muscle that doesn't hurt right now.

Getting up early to finish painting for the big reveal.

Painting sucks but you'll be glad you did.

Coop I'd love to do it to that level but my very very understanding and supportive wife is starting to say. "It's just a garage." I've already spent $200 in paint and keep in mind the Big Ass Lights she agreed to. A man (husband) needs to pick his (mine) battles carefully so my hobby can keep going.