Angle Grinder recommendations, please?

Beechwood Chip

The moderator ducked!

Water hose and grinder......hmmmmm.....why not window fan and grinder?

My dewalt has a paddle switch but I'm not using it at length wither.

For some things, dust is controlled with a leaf blower, but when cutting a slot in masonry, it's not enough, unless there's also a very strong wind. A water hose on slow works fine, and makes the cheap diamond blades last longer too. Third helper holds the plugs. One thirty buck grinder will last about 100' of cutting stone and mortar, but I don't do it often at all-like once in the past 8 years. I also keep a cheap circular saw for the same thing, used the same way, for cutting marble and granite slabs, or toothing old brick walls to mesh with new work.

A couple of thirty buck grinders, and a couple of cheap diamond blades are a small part of the cost of waterproofing a 200 year old basement: http://www.historic-house-restoration.com/basementwaterproofing.html

• 1 month later...

So, I went to HF and got my grinder.  That place is seductive!  All this cool, cheap stuff!  I had to keep reminding myself to only buy what was on the shopping list.  I escaped with the grinder, two wooden clamps, and a 10 pack of cut off wheels.  Used a 20% off coupon that I got by Googling "Harbor Freight 20% off coupon". 

Everything I bought met my HF purchase criteria: 

recommended by several people, OR no motor, no sharp edges, and cheap enough that I won't kick myself if it's useless.

Thank you everyone for the advice.

Edited by Beechwood Chip