Big Ass Lights Finale

Mzdadoc

Well after a lot of swearing (under my breathe of coarse) I finished painting the garage white for better lighting. I'm glad I did but it isn't any fun!

Here is the before first and then the final results.

post-15913-0-84807800-1434945447_thumb.j

post-15913-0-25107900-1434945479_thumb.j

Here are the pics after the paint job, Big Ass Lights, and replacing the existing bulbs with 100W LED bulbs.

post-15913-0-14357000-1434945596_thumb.j

post-15913-0-34990100-1434945628_thumb.j

post-15913-0-68501500-1434945657_thumb.j

post-15913-0-23937000-1434945695_thumb.j

The end result explains it all! For me worth every penny. Customer service is excellent. Quality is excellent. Ease of installation is excellent. Painting?! Well that just plain sucked! Just sayin!!!!

If I were you, I’d keep those doors closed at night... One of three things will happen:

The guys over at Mauna Kea will cite you for hemispheric light pollution

The UFO crazies will create a shrine

Someone already grabbed the Poltergeist reference...

OK... One other before/after, but this time a video: your electric meter... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Doc, I see they have a half page blurb in the latest woodcraft magazine on these Big Ass Lights

Yeah and I didn't even get a cut!!!!  Sheesh! LOL

Their customer support has called me 3 to 4 x's asking me how everything is and am I truly happy. I'm really starting to think I was the first guy to buy this many....

Still bright and I'm still happy.

• 1 month later...

Yes I did.

13k lumens 5k color temp

So Mzdadoc, I'm looking at these lights on their website they do look very nice, the guideline was "One car garage one light, Two car two light ect." Looks like you went with 7 in a 2 plus or three car garage?  Also list price $400 each?  Seems crazy for 400 bucks you can have 10/ 4 foot 2 bulb T8 fixtures and bulbs, yes I know specs aren't they same about 5700 lumens to 13K and 30,000 hours to the 150,000 they claim.  Power use though T8 runs 64 watts to the 122W for the BA light.  Not to bash your lights or choice just doesn't pencil out for me.  So just wondering I must be looking at the same product "The Garage Light".  I'm trying to set my budget for a shop I'm building so I'm just looking at the options. Thanks Jeff

Jeff I was wondering the same thing.  I actually called the company asking about g what they recommend.  I gave them my dementions and they recommended 2 light units for my space.  7 seems amazing. 

I'd keep that door closed for fear of a plane trying to land in my bathroom. 

• Like 1