Looking for Scratch Stock tool

rmartuszewski

I watched a video, and a guy was using what he called a Scratch Stock tool. He made his in video, and been searching for it online.

I want to try and make some inlay banding, then use a scratch stock tool to grove out the channel to inlay the banding into.

Does any company make one?

Or does the tool have to be made?

Is there a better way to get the channel into the drawer face, without it running all the way to the edge of the face. IE a box inside the face?

Thanks

Lee Valley also makes some inlay cutterhead for their router plane.  I got it for Christmas but haven't tried using it yet.  I do use my Veritas beading tool and I don't know that I'd try it for making inlay grooves, but perhaps it would work.   

For inlays the width of your sample picture I would use a router or a router plane. There are marking gauges with a knife blade instead of a scratch point, this would help define the inner and outer edge of the recess, then route the area between to depth.