Quick and dirty lathe stand

shaneymack

Was on the jobsite and noticed a couple 3"x12x 10' paralams that were sitting outside unused. I thought to myself that would make a quick, simple and very heavy lathe stand for my newly aquired lathe. Took them home, chopped them up, threw them through the planer just to clean them up a bit and added some 12x120 dominos. Presto, the one hour quick and dirty lathe stand. post-16857-143534789249_thumb.jpg

From jobsite trash to functional piece for the shop. I know funtionally it isnt the best because all my stuff will get full of sawdust but it will do for now untill i make some wall storage for my lathe accesories and add some drawers or doors to the shelf section.

On Monday someone is going to be looking for them and Shane will be home turning a pen clueless that he just brought the job to a screeching halt.

Nice stand, simple but functional.

Lol!! For the record i didnt rip em off from a random jobsite, i took them from one of my sites. Framing is all done, it was leftovers....