Wood glue or epoxy putty

frenchy5555

I have an IKEA tv hutch from ten years ago (I know...IKEA-we were poor and stupid at the time). Inside particle board. Adjustable heavy hinge on inside lower cabinet door. Child stood on opened lower cabinet door and hinge ripped out with large chunk of the particle board. I want to undo door from hinge (no problem there).

My question is - which is stronger for this job - wood glue or epoxy putty (and clamp..cotton batting on outside of cabinet under clamp so as not to damage).

For IKEA it's a beautiful hutch with larger upper cabinet doors and lower cabinet doors for storage. I want to fix it and sell it. I appreciate any help. 

First time posting...newbie...take pity and help a guy out.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies and the welcome. Yes, there is a bit of particle board that seems to be missing.Just checked. Thought there wasn't. That would mean unscrewing the two hinges (one top and one near bottom of the door - the bottom has not pulled out or away yet. Every time I open the door I hold the bottom of the door so the bottom hinge won't pull out. I want to repair it the right way especially since I want to sell it. If I unscrew both hinges and take the door off - then in a perfect world it figures that the epoxy will harden and I should be able to screw thru the hardened epoxy to put the hinges back on.

Sorry wish I had pics. Too hard to hold flashlight door and camera right now.

so it seems that 1) If there is enough particle board missing I should use epoxy.

2) If there wasn't any missing - the glue would work fine.

Does that seem the right conclusion?

Thanks for your input.

Oh sorry Master Poster, didn't read your reply right. So I unscrewed the bottom hinge to take the door completely off. And I unscrewed the hinge from the chunk of particle board. So if I knead the epoxy,put it the hole and put the particle board back and clamp it then I can screw thru it after it hardens- would the wood glue do the same thing and fill in the missing space and harden enough to screw thru it when I put the hinges back on?

Thanks.