Some Shop Interior Pics

Janello

Thanks Shane. Yes, I am currently saving for Big Ass LED's. And if i mention it to the wife one more time, we may be divorced.. lol.

Future plans also include a 5hp DC system piped in from the finishing room, in it's own closet. I also need to lose the folding table under the window and build an assembly table there, and I am putting a roubo top on the adjacent metal base table with a BC tail vise and hand tool cabinet above.

Looks great. I really like the doors to the finishing room. How much space did you dedicate for the finishing room?

Thanks, finishing room is 12x24. I struggled with this, because I really wanted a bigger shop area, but it didn't make sense to make it narrower than 12' being that long of a room. In the long run I am glad I did it, because it can house my DC, additional sheet goods or unrelated tools to woodworking. It has it's own AC and heating zone. 

Is that a Domino machine hanging on the wall ? Never thought of hanging a power tool like that.

Yes, that used to hang off the front of my old bench and eventually will again. I made it because I was always afraid of kicking the hose and it falling off my bench when I was fitting things up.

By the way...one thing worth noting- The wood on the walls had been milled by a friend from trees that came down in SS Sandy. It's all 3/4 thick T&G.

• 4 weeks later...

Janello that's awesome. I really like the wood on the walls in a woodshop. I opted to just use drywall but you are making me second guess myself. Your shop is very inspiring.

I'm going to start painting tomorrow. I'm putting oak flooring in and might do some wainscoting later on to bring in a little more wood.

Thanks for sharing.

Janello your shop looks awesome! And great attention to detail. I really like the wood paneling - it gives a nice warm feeling compared to my white walls. I bet it feels good to have the construction part done.

Thanks, Mike. I owe you a shout out. Being that you were always a few steps ahead, your shop was a great inspiration and helped me along the way more than you know. It was really great to be able to see your build on here and when I had a question get feedback from you!