Funexpected purchases

Tom Cancelleri

Stopped into Woodcraft by me today. Make my way through the whole store. Get up by the front take and there's a crap load of Festool stuff marked down. Festool changed the cxs drill, gave it a bigger battery and different size keyless chuck. So I picked it up for 236 versus 295, brand new. They also had a Ras sander for 230, a t15 drill for 306, an of2200 zs kit for 206, and an of2200 in classic systainer for 701. They did have a big pack of Festool jigsaw blades for 35 marked down from 55. And other misc stuff. I actually wanted a CXS for various smaller tasks where my 18v Milwaukee M18 fuel was just too big.

Score! Now to convince myself I don't need that massive 2200 router.

2bfab4eeb4193a782b0aa0b6ddbf6e01.jpg

Dang. It's almost like you're obligated to buy Festool when you find it on sale...even if you don't want it. Don't see it very often. Nice score yo.

Any reason I should buy the 2200? Other than making deep mortises in the Roubo? Oh wait... I did that with my 1400. It's also in an ugly cumbersome classic Systainer.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I guess you got the old model cxs? Did you get the kit with all the chucks? Its a great little compliment to a bigger drill or impact . I love mine.

I got the kit with all the heads. I've got 2 18v drills, and and 18v impact, as well as 2 x 3.6 v puly screwdrivers for really lightweight work

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

You only think you are, and enjoy it, once your married to a spouse that is not currently working a kid fresh out of college and one looking at grad school...

This monthes tool budget, summer classes for one, blown head gasket in a 06 Grand Prix for the other....

Someday they will support themselves, maybe

• Like 1

==>Wow I wish I lived near a Woodcraft.

Ohhhh, be careful what you wish for...

You know how a black hole in a binary star system syphons all matter from its neighbor until it becomes an empty shell? Well the same relationship may development between a nearby Woodcraft and your wallet...

attachicon.gifcygx1_ill.jpg

"Say what Sargent Carter????"

post-2896-0-97253000-1435929221_thumb.jp

==>Wow I wish I lived near a Woodcraft.

Ohhhh, be careful what you wish for...

You know how a black hole in a binary star system syphons all matter from its neighbor until it becomes an empty shell? Well the same relationship may development between a nearby Woodcraft and your wallet...

attachicon.gifcygx1_ill.jpg

:lol: That's sorta like amazon.com and my checking account already. But it sucks not being able to go to a decent wood store and pick up stuff to check it out.