Universal mag switch switch removal.

duckkisser

I was thinking of buying the universal magswitch featherboard but I can't tell if the switches are removable. It would be nice to take them out for a shop made jig. Does anyone have one of these featherboards with the feather part on both sides?

I was thinking of buying the universal magswitch featherboard but I can't tell if the switches are removable. It would be nice to take them out for a shop made jig. Does anyone have one of these featherboards with the feather part on both sides?

I have one. Its a great featherboard but that model the magnets dont seem to come out. If they do i dont know how. But i really dont think its possibe.

What's the need for smaller ? The one I linked is reversible and can be used for other jigs and be taken apart, seems like a win win to me. Yea it costs more. Wouldn't be surprised if it had more holding power. Magnetic stuff can slip or move under too much force.

I want something I can use on my router table the larger unit takes up a lot of space....fine on a table saw less fine on a router or bandsaw. Mostly. Just wanted a smaller featherboard that I could take the magnets out but I'm going to have to buy the full size. Then make jigs as needed.