removing sweat stains

joev

I live in Arizona and do my woodworking in the un-airconditioned garage.  Consequently, I sweat a lot.  While apply a stain to a dresser I'm making a few drops of sweat fell onto the surface "while" I was staining and now there are a couple of sweat stains on the top of the dresser.   Dresser top is make out of white oak plywood.  Here's my question - Is there anyway to get rid of these sweat stains?  Keep in mind that the sweat actually mixed with the stain while I was applying it.  I haven't tried anything yet.  Seeing as how it's made of plywood I don't think I've got a lot of room for sanding it out.  HELP.

Be smart, reproduce the sweat stains on all the scraps of ply you have. Sand and prep exactly as you did for the table. Stain and drip sweat , then try out solutions. I am thinking wipe back the stain with mineral spirits then after it dries wipe with a clean rag and artificial tears solution. Let that dry then wipe again w clean water( damp rag not soaked) lightly sand after it has dried overnight .

Then try to re-stain. This should make the rest of the top similar to the spots. Test this on scraps ! It's just my best guess.