Lightning McQueen - Cardboard Box Car

wouldwurker

Out of work, so it's nice to build something for my one year old kid that cost $0.

This morning, he was pushing around a plain cardboard box making racecar noises. He's been on a real 'Cars' kick lately.

So, a rough sketch and a couple coats of spray paint today when he took a nap. Can't wait to see his face in the morning when he comes downstairs.

9469948e6bb8056e0104c5bd87b249ea.jpg

60ef421f9d93c0e67cf8c5fafe6b58c8.jpg

142cfa68605ac009e8bf820771807165.jpg

• Like 1

Ah Vinny, you done good, the rug rat is gonna love it.  Next will be wooden construction toys, then a soap box, then a new car, then college, and do you know how grey your hair will be then.......?   But you done good!    You're going to get a pic or three for us right?  When he see's it!

• Like 1

That's awesome, well done Vinny. The video definitely makes it. Kids make the best toys from their imaginations. Mine was an airhose from a jumping frog that had a bulb you squeeze at the end. Wire was every tool and thing I needed it to be. Before you know it, he's gonna be building things with whatever he can find and it will be a car, truck, robot, dragon, sword, and all of the above in the same day. Yay for imagination being the best thing ever. 

• 2 months later...