Bonehead Move of the Day - Or Making an Indoor Skating Rink

Keggers

My bonehead move of the day involved my tablesaw blades. Today was the day I set aside to clean off all the resin build up on five of my saw blades. It's not a hard task but I don't particularly enjoy the process. After finishing cleaning the blades I decided to spray each one with a light coat of dry lubricant.

I chose the spot between the tablesaw and the workbench to do my spraying. Finished the job and went in to the house for some lunch feeling really good that I'd finish that little chore.

When I came back to the shop and walked across the spray spot I went sliding! DOH!  Concrete floor skating rink!

I put a non skid mat over it and all that created was a different kind of ride!

I don't think I'll make that mistake again. I'm hoping mineral spirits will remove the lubricant in the morning. If not, I may be posting a "feet up" photo with one leg in a cast.

Every time I do something stupid like falling, my wife says "Are you OK?". I reply "Hell no I'm not OK, didn't you just see me

fall on my ass?"

The one time that I really did hurt myself (I fell off of a stepladder and broke my hip) I think she hates the fact that she

wasn't there to say "Are you OK?" :) (And maybe laugh a little.)

Rog