I blame Tom Cancelleri.....

I have the trion and really like it and does everything I need. The cordless option and different bases are nice, but a lot of people mention blade deflection, and some other issues with the carvex. Plus it is more expensive.

Really? I was going to get the carvex. I heard blade visibility is a real pia on the trion. I also like the accesory kit thats available for the carvex and the sweet light. Thats right, i like the light. I said it. It should flash festool green though.

Yes, it is. My inner fesgeek wants it. I want a jigsaw. The jigsaw would be a good addition. My Bosch barrel jigsaw is 20ish years old and has seen better days.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thats funny. I have an old bosch barrel grip. Going to swap it for a carvex in a few months.

Really? I was going to get the carvex. I heard blade visibility is a real pia on the trion. I also like the accesory kit thats available for the carvex and the sweet light. Thats right, i like the light. I said it. It should flash festool green though.

I have no complaints about the visibility with my barrel grip trion. I tried the carvex and the strobe light effect I hated. This is the second version of the carvex, the first never made it over to this side of the pond because it was crap, the new version is better, but yes people say it is harder to adjust and the deflection leads to non straight cuts. Does Canada have the 30 day return? If it doesn't, don't buy any additional bases, cause they can't be returned.

I have no complaints about the visibility with my barrel grip trion. I tried the carvex and the strobe light effect I hated. This is the second version of the carvex, the first never made it over to this side of the pond because it was crap, the new version is better, but yes people say it is harder to adjust and the deflection leads to non straight cuts. Does Canada have the 30 day return? If it doesn't, don't buy any additional bases, cause they can't be returned.

Good to know. Ya we have the 30 day return policy. We just pay 50% more than you guys for everything. I didnt realise the acc kit couldnt be returned. Thats pretty lame. If you buy the saw and accesories and want to return it you need to keep the accesories?! I guess no return policy is a return policy without a bunch of clauses...

Good to know. Ya we have the 30 day return policy. We just pay 50% more than you guys for everything. I didnt realise the acc kit couldnt be returned. Thats pretty lame. If you buy the saw and accesories and want to return it you need to keep the accesories?! I guess no return policy is a return policy without a bunch of clauses...

The policy is for battery or electric tools or vacuum, so not covering the accessories does suck. The MFT isn't covered under the policy. Your dealer may make an exception, but don't be shocked if they don't if you buy. Good thing is most of the time you can resell and get most of your money back on the accessories if you bought and are basically new.

You guys definitely make it hard on someone who's trying to practice a little restraint.  I went on a tool-buying moratorium a few months ago and vowed not to buy any new tools until after Thanksgiving.  So far I've been successful but it's tough.  Luckily I'm at the "want" stage...everything I need I already have.  That helps.

But I do hate you both for buying those routers.  I've wanted one for years.  I hope you both got splinters today.

You guys definitely make it hard on someone who's trying to practice a little restraint. I went on a tool-buying moratorium a few months ago and vowed not to buy any new tools until after Thanksgiving. So far I've been successful but it's tough. Luckily I'm at the "want" stage...everything I need I already have. That helps.

But I do hate you both for buying those routers. I've wanted one for years. I hope you both got splinters today.

We dont make it hard to practice restraint, you being a woodworker does. Now get out there and get that router! Router party!!

Domzilla and D4R are the next two biggies. Add the Zilla assortment systainer and a pair of PC690s...poof...there goes the Christmas bonus. :blink:

I will get a 2200 one day...but let's face it...luxury tool - big time.

Great now you are adding to my list of things that i need. Whats a d4r and a pc690?

71bhKF8--OL._SL1000_.jpg

71NLloyalZL._SL1500_.jpg

Ahhhh. I was looking at dovetail jigs. Seems expensive and a huge learning curve to use one. Seems like i could cut all the half blinds on a chest of drawers by hand by the time i set that thing up. Maybe im wrong, i have only done dovetails by hand so i have no clue how hard it actually is to set up.

If you chop 'em out fast and sloppy, yeah...you'd probably win the race.  It takes me forever to hand cut dovetails because I'm an anal OCD psychopath...and sometimes I'm just not in the mood.  The jig takes a little time to set up, but once it's done, you're done.  I'd say if you have more than one drawer to do, the jig would be faster.  Not a necessity in a hobby shop by any means, but hey, we're all about wasting money, right? :)

You guys definitely make it hard on someone who's trying to practice a little restraint. I went on a tool-buying moratorium a few months ago and vowed not to buy any new tools until after Thanksgiving. So far I've been successful but it's tough. Luckily I'm at the "want" stage...everything I need I already have. That helps.

But I do hate you both for buying those routers. I've wanted one for years. I hope you both got splinters today.

No splinters, just wood.

If you chop 'em out fast and sloppy, yeah...you'd probably win the race. It takes me forever to hand cut dovetails because I'm an anal OCD psychopath...and sometimes I'm just not in the mood. The jig takes a little time to set up, but once it's done, you're done. I'd say if you have more than one drawer to do, the jig would be faster. Not a necessity in a hobby shop by any means, but hey, we're all about wasting money, right? :)

Alright, alright, you've convinced me. Its back on my list. Fast and sloppy isnt in my nature. In about as ocd as they come. Im very slow at cutting dovetails. Dont you have to change the setup on these things every time your drawer height changes? That seems like a real pia seeing as most chest of drawers have all different height drawers.

D4r is on my list of nexts. I have a 690 at my disposal, I'll steal my dad's. He never uses it anymore, and the 1617 will be my dovetail routers. So the d4r is all I "need" DomZilla would be nice, but right now not necessary for me.

Dude whats wrong with you?? Domzilla not necessary? You gotta rethink that. Its incredible. Seriously one of the best tools ive ever layed my hands on. Imagine how much you like your of2200, you would like the df700 even more.

Alright, alright, you've convinced me. Its back on my list. Fast and sloppy isnt in my nature. In about as ocd as they come. Im very slow at cutting dovetails. Dont you have to change the setup on these things every time your drawer height changes? That seems like a real pia seeing as most chest of drawers have all different height drawers.

All you'd have to change is the spacing and number of pins/tails.  As long as the thickness of your stock doesn't vary from drawer to drawer you wouldn't have to mess with anything else.

Obviously a dovetail jig really shines when you have a bunch of the same thing to do.  It becomes less efficient in a hobby setting when you're doing one-offs.  But I like options, and sometimes the thought of two days of dovetailing just makes me wanna quit woodworking altogether.

• Like 1

All you'd have to change is the spacing and number of pins/tails. As long as the thickness of your stock doesn't vary from drawer to drawer you wouldn't have to mess with anything else.

Obviously a dovetail jig really shines when you have a bunch of the same thing to do. It becomes less efficient in a hobby setting when you're doing one-offs. But I like options, and sometimes the thought of two days of dovetailing just makes me wanna quit woodworking altogether.

Is the pc omnijig any good? Why the leigh over the pc besides the obvious it being Canadian made

My dealer sells those. Just curious.

I've tinkered around with both of them but only on a limited basis at woodworking shows.  They're very similar as far as I can tell...I'm sure there are some minor differences but I couldn't tell you what they are.  Why the Leigh?  Cause it looks more awesomer than the PC, that's why. :D   And it's like five bucks cheaper. LOL

I've tinkered around with both of them but only on a limited basis at woodworking shows. They're very similar as far as I can tell...I'm sure there are some minor differences but I couldn't tell you what they are. Why the Leigh? Cause it looks more awesomer than the PC, that's why. :D And it's like five bucks cheaper. LOL

Prettier and Canadian, im with you bro.

Dude whats wrong with you?? Domzilla not necessary? You gotta rethink that. Its incredible. Seriously one of the best tools ive ever layed my hands on. Imagine how much you like your of2200, you would like the df700 even more.

I've got the df500. I haven't built anything big enough to warrant massive dominoes.

• Like 1

I've got the df500. I haven't built anything big enough to warrant massive dominoes.