New dining table !

wdwerker

Being single I eat most meals in front of the TV. So I designed and built a height adjustable table for 1. Should also come in handy for the iPad or remote keyboard too.

I had a pedastal fan that the motor died so I repurposed the base. Some nice scraps of curly maple glued up and yielded a 5/8 thick blank. Bandsaw, osselating edge sander, routers , ETS150/3 sander and 3 or 4 hours later I had the first coat on. Glued up the top over a year and a half ago, cobblers kids need shoes ..... My projects get put aside to earn a living way to frequently!

post-6363-0-50970900-1437263390_thumb.jp

post-6363-0-70943800-1437263408_thumb.jp

post-6363-0-42841800-1437263427_thumb.jp

First coat was Watco butcher block finish to pop the curly. I am going to spray a few coats of sanding sealer and top it with Satin Agualente ( waterborne)

• Like 2

Thats a great idea Steve! That top looks awesome! 

Have you ever posted pics or a video shop tour? Would love to see what a real pro shop is like.

I second that. The most I've seen was when you were building the rolling staircase.

You don't even have to tidy it up. Post some pics.

My shop is more like a home shop than a pro shop. I have noticed that quite a few people on the Forum have bigger shops and nicer machines. It's just a 25 x 60 warehouse space. Maybe I will take some pics one day....

I would also love to see your shop tour. It's all the little ideas I like to see - things that come from experience and ingenuity (storage, setup, etc).

Have you ever posted pics or a video shop tour? Would love to see what a real pro shop is like.

I've seen it in person. Power tools, lumber, grotto fountain, leather dungeon....the usual stuff.

Great looking table Steve....and I love the Steven Tyler microphone stand table base...though it needs more scarves tied around it.

• Like 1