Last Month...

ResidentEvil

I have completely stuffed my shop to the gills.  Hardly any room to move around in there anymore.

First was the Laguna 1412, which was nice and I already had a spot set aside in the shop for it.

Then came a trip back to Oklahoma.  Added a couple hundred board feet of lumber that I had nowhere to put.  Combination of barnwood, Peruvian Walnut, Alder, Chituba, Spalted Sycamore, Padauk, Bloodwood, Maple, Beech, Mahogany, Tigerwood, Wenge, Lacewood, Red Cedar, Zebrawood and a couple of really old french doors from an old house on my inlaws property.

post-15981-0-71924700-1437366283_thumb.j

post-15981-0-39744600-1437366285_thumb.j

Then someone just had to post this festool stuff for sale on CL the other day.  My old shop vac had burned out a while back, and I was tired of sanding and dominoing without any dust collection.  $900 later and I have a CT36 with the organization rack and a 150/5 ROS.

post-15981-0-15596700-1437366944_thumb.j

Now I need to figure out how to make space to move around and make stuff.

Some would envy your problem ;)

Yea, I've had worse problems.  Will gladly deal with this one.

First world problems right....

Congrats on the sweet new tools!

Thank you!

Never knew anything good came from OK (yaaaa I said it) but that's a great wood score! Was it an online find or from a store there?

It was from a lumberyard there.  My wife's brother has a furniture/cabinet business in NW OK and usually gets his lumber from this yard in OKC.  While we were there he took us since the prices were much better than I could get in LV.  He also let us peruse through his lumber stash to see if we wanted anything.  Got some good Eastern Red Cedar (for about $12 less a BF than can get it in Vegas) and some amazing spalted sycamore that he spalted and cut himself.

Off topic, but since you're in Vegas are you going to AWFS this week?

I'm going to check out the exhibition hall but am not registered for any of the classes.

On a side note, I've seen many opinions on Festool abrasives vs other brands.

My main issue is that the festool papers all seem to come in packs of 50 or 100, and are relatively expensive.  I was wondering if anyone knows of another brand of paper that fits the ETS150 where maybe you can get packs of 10 or variety packs (or similar).  I just dont know that I want to buy (or find a place to store) 100 discs of 4-5 different grits of paper.

I buy the Festool packs and don't have any storage issues.  They come in a nice box that really doesn't take up much room at all.

I've never tried an off brand on any of my FT sanders so, will let the other chime in on that.

Where did u get the rack for the dust collector? It looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the CT36 second hand and it came with it.  Its not something that I would have considered if I was buying new, but it came with the vac I bought.  I'm kind of torn on it because it seems to be very useful, especially to store things close to hand when using the vac...but it also makes it too tall to roll the vac under my outfeed table or workbench to get it out of the way.

Its probably not a surprise to anyone who owns festool stuff, but the rack is very solid and well built.  Not a cheaply built add on at all.  I'm thinking about trying to fabricate a DIY boom arm that attaches to the WCR1000 to keep cords and hoses up and out of the way, since it looks like I'm not going to be storing the vac under a work surface anyhow.

Now I'm thinking about selling my scroll saw to make a hole for the vac, since I bought the band saw I haven't used the scroll saw once.