Steel City table saw any good?

zeboim

I've got a lead on a pretty damn good deal on a 10 inch steel city table saw model 35639, but I'm not familiar with the brand. Anyone have any experience with them or with this model in general?

I heard they were out of business now. Hopefully you can get parts for it if there is an issue. I have a steel city drill press that is good for the price i paid.

From the pictures, it looks like it is in FANTASTIC shape, but it is missing the bevel wheel and the the handle on the lower/raise wheel is bent (which doesn't impede use).  I'm currently using a heavily rusted craftsman saw from the 70s, so as long as it works, this is a huge upgrade from what I'm using.  From what I've read online, before they closed their doors, they were regarded as a higher quality product for the price. 

I have a SC bandsaw and like the machine. The table saw is pretty nice and I did look at one years ago. Now that they are our of business I would think twice about buying anything made by them. I needed a part for my bandsaw about 2 years ago even back then it took over 3 months to get it.

• 2 weeks later...