Respirators

Woody1

Right now I use the white disposable respirator, ear buds and glasses (on top of my prescription glasses). It drives me crazy to have all these different things on my head. Is there an all in one, or any respirators you all recommend? 

I use a p100 with hepa filters and a good pair of safety glasses.  I also have custom fit ear plugs that I love!  They're a little more expensive but, much more comfortable in the long run.  I also have the 1/8th plug in them so I can pop some music in.  They're made by DB Blocker.

I use North 7700 series respirator with 2 P100 cartridges (the purple fine particulate cartridges) - the same stuff guys who safely remove and dispose Asbestos use. This link is an example of the respirator... https://www.northernsafety.com/Product/7700/North-by-Honeywell-7700-Series-Silicone-Half-Mask-Respirator

Works really well and because it uses 2 filters, breathing is easy.

You can also get a chemical cartridge (for painting, etc.) or a combo particulate/chemical cartridge.

Not the cheapest option but this is what industrial professionals use.

You can also get full face (5400 series with battery assisted airflow) but that's a lot more expensive.

• Like 1

Right now I use the white disposable respirator, ear buds and glasses (on top of my prescription glasses). It drives me crazy to have all these different things on my head. Is there an all in one, or any respirators you all recommend? 

3M Versaflo PAPR Kit TR-300-HIK.  Add the 3M Peltor earmuff-style protectors, which click into the helmet and snap up or down  and you've got your eyes, ears, and lungs protected in an all-in-one unit.  Plus, with the airflow inside the visor your glasses won't fog.  And because it's self-contained you're not tethered the way you would be with a hose and an air pump The only downside is the price tag of the unit, and the price tag of an extra battery to allow yourself the ability to work all day and not have to wait for the battery to recharge.

Do you have experience with that mask? I have a beard, and I'm looking for an all in one option that might work with it...

• Like 1

Do you have experience with that mask? I have a beard, and I'm looking for an all in one option that might work with it...

I have a Trend Air Pro and I have a full beard. The seal part is fabric and has elastic to keep it around your face behind the jaw. With the positive pressure from the fan it does not need to seal as tight.

I do indeed. I have a beard and as Larry says the the filtered air flow from top to bottom creates a positive pressure that means the seal does not have to be tight. The air emerges through small holes in the seal below your chin. It works extremely well.

Take the cellophane wrappers off of the filters.

Just teasing you a bit. :)

That reminds me of the stupid robber of a 7-11 that covered his head with a plastic bag. He was caught because he almost passed out from lack of air.....That is a true story.

Rog

I hear you Rog. We were issued full-face respirators at work some time ago, the kind with a battery-powered fan to force air in. One individual nearly drowned himself the next weekend, trying to scuba dive with it.

To the OP, beware if you suffer any sort of pulmonary problems, as the added resistance of pulling air through the filters can over stress your system, resulting in O2 defficiency, even death in extreme cases. At work, we must pass a pulmonary function test prior to being allowed to work in areas that require a respirator.

Take the cellophane wrappers off of the filters.

Just teasing you a bit. :)

That reminds me of the stupid robber of a 7-11 that covered his head with a plastic bag. He was caught because he almost passed out from lack of air.....That is a true story.

Rog

Funny guy!...I was about to go check my filters for cellophane.

We had a guy in basic training down at Lackland AFB who kept getting in trouble with the T.I. for not shaving. After about a week the T.I. decided to go into the latrine and shave the little so-and-so himself. That is when he found out that the recruit didn't have a blade in his razor! He still had the cardboard in it! That explained a lot. :)

Rog

Tiods. Where did you get the db blockers are they Bluetooth also?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are not blue tooth, 1/8th plug only..  I got them at a refinery I was working but, I'm sure you can find them on line as well as a place that will mold your ear for them.  It's a fairly quick process but, it takes a wile to get them.