Blending the line between sanded wood, and old finish

Dantama

I'm building a, "Fake old" factory cart coffee table. It is just pine, stained to look more like a hardwood. I applied a couple of thick coats of water based stain using a rag. I didn't like the aging scrapes that I did on the ends of the cart to make it look well used, and sanded them off and redid them. That left a 3 inch section of new raw sanded wood that was sanded smooth, but with only 100 grit. The rest of the top had not been sanded to leave it rougher looking. While sanding the ends, I had sanded the edge between the raw and the previously stained overlapping somewhat.

When I stained it, I thought it looked fine. The difference in color between the newly sanded and the previously stained was different, but it gave it a used look as if things had been sliding off the cart for 50 years. Then I saw it at an angle from the side at night in artificial light, and there is a clear line visible between the two stains. And the line is too straight to look like it was wear from use as a factory cart.

How can I blend the line, and make it look like it was stained all at the same time, without sanding the whole thing back to raw wood. My fake aging looks great. I don't want to have to redo that after sanding off all the stain. How can I just blend the new coat with the previous two coats so that at night at an angle you can't see the line between the two different areas?

What I did was sanded the ends with 100 grit paper to rough it back up so that it would absorb more stain, feathered the line out further, then sanded all the high spots on every board to make it look more like wear. I ended up sanding down to bare wood in many high spots, and on all the edges near the sides. Then stained it again. It ended up looking like an old cart that had a fresh coat of stain laid over the old finish. But because it was all over, it looked good. Thanks for the replies.