can I get furniture quality cuts with a ts55/75?

I have cut 14' rips with my TS75 in 5/4 oak glue line ready. Wood was S3S to start with and I selected for the straightest/ flattest stock possible. Glued up a 30" x14 ft oak bar top. Used Dominos to help keep the boards aligned during glue up.

Ripped 8/4 mahogany 12 ft long because my jointer can't handle that length, it was much faster and straighter than what I have done with my UniSaw.

That long track and the joiner plate plus the stock 75" track and TS75 saw were around $1000

I was just using the stock blade that came with the saw.

As long as you have decent suction it will cut good. The dust collection clears the dust and let's the saw operate well. I got the 36mm hose but I don't know it's completely necessary. But the track saws dust collection isn't complete, some does get left on the floor.

I have run a Festool Ets150/3 on a Fein vac for many years. I had to put some "o" rings on the tail of the sander plus modify the coupling to be able to control the suction ( not needed for the Saw) .

It's a good idea to use a vacuum if you're looking for the best cut quality.  The vacuum helps clear the chips before they can circle around in the shroud and be cut again and again.  When that happens, heat builds up, blade dulls faster and you can get more burning than you might get using a vac.

Added to cart uh oh!

First taste of the green cool aid

Someone on the FOG is selling a TS55 REQ with some warranty remaining if you want to save a few bucks

Yes the cut quality is very good. The vac helps, I used a shop vac at first but would forget to turn on, so I bought the Festool so it is trigger activated.

If you wanna cut a 4x8 sheet of plywood you'll need a second 55" rail, and 2 rail connectors. I have a 75" and a 32" rail with connectors. Been contemplating getting a 55" holy rail and maybe adding a LS32 system later on. 

If you have any plans to get any Festool routers, or going to the darkside (which will happen now that you have a CT, and you're going to take a sip of the Kool-Aid) I'd go with a holy rail which will work fine for the tracksaw and will allow you to add on an LR32 system without having to duplicate rail purchases. Holy rails are a few bucks more than the regular rails unless they aligned the prices to be the same.

http://blog.festoolusa.com/post/2008/11/04/Little-Known-Facts-About-Festool-Guide-Rails.aspx

==>Does the holy rail really exist??

Yes, it's been anointed with holy water...  You will be blessed with furniture-grade cuts...

Well... Some rails are pre-drilled for FT's 32mm system... I've got two rails the same length, but one was more expensive by a couple of bucks.

• Like 1

I got the standard 55" rail with mine, but I believe I'll get one of the anointed rails in the near future.  I built one of Timothy Wilmot's MFTC benches a couple of years back while living in (humid) Charlotte, NC.  I've since moved to (dry) Santa Fe and the MDF top shrunk making the precision CNC holes I created in Charlotte too loose for the Parf dogs I use.  Grrrrr. I no longer have a CNC in my shop, so... Festool is the next best thing!