My Woodworking Workbench

Joshua Luther

So I wanted to show my workbench here that I just recently finished this week. The whole build took me longer than it should've just because of everything else going on in my life. Right when I was nearing the end of the build, I came down with pneumonia that really took the wind out of my sails. Literally.

So I was really happy that I was able to get out into the shop over the weekend and finish it up.

I am still in the process of flattening it with my Stanley Bedrock 605 and putting a finish on it. Also what finish would you guys recommend for this that isn't too expensive? Would BLO be ok for it?

Anyway, here is the video that I made and posted to my YouTube channel. Hope you enjoy it!

http://youtu.be/7qhjQrBAoIY

BLO will yellow white woods.  I put it on mine thinking, "meh, who cares?" because it's "just a bench."  But turns out a big banana in my shop isn't my favorite thing.  It's mellowed over the years to a more natural color but I still wouldn't recommend it.  Natural Danish oil would probably be better.

• Like 1