Free shipping Deal !

wdwerker

CPO is having a 4 day free shipping event. Everything over $49. Great way to try out a reconditioned tool like recent posts have discussed. There might be some limits etc. but go take a look.

http://www.cpooutlets.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-cpooutlets-Site/default/Default-Start?ref=em20150724&utm_medium=email&utm_source=em20150724&utm_campaign=fsweekend&modalsignup=hide&spMailingID=23119566&spUserID=MTAxNDc0Nzc3NDU2S0&spJobID=602321947&spReportId=NjAyMzIxOTQ3S0

Thanks for the link... I just browsed the roughly 300 sale items... This would be a good place for folks just starting out... I’ve got the complete Bosch 18v setup – Bang/buck, it’s a winner - I can recommend every tool in the set (but I don't have the jigsaw). If someone new to tools needs a place to start-out, you could do a lot worse... and save a lot of money getting it during the sale. Same goes for the Bosch 12v setup... CPO doesn’t have many of the 12v, but the drill/driver is worth looking at...

I just grabbed up a recon Bosch die grinder that I've been wanting for a while.  Good price.  However, you do have to purchase at least one new item to get free shipping...but it was only $7.

So much for my tool-buying moratorium.  And I didn't even get the free shipping.  Thanks a lot, STEVE!

• Like 1

I have (3) 12 volt Bosch drill / drivers , (2) hex drivers 1 impact and 1 right angle driver, 10 batteries and 4 chargers ! Almost all of them were refurb from CPO. You put the right size pilot in one and the right shape driver bit in another and so many times there are several different diameter screws often with different heads in a single project. With 2 or 3 guys working it makes sense to have plenty of cordless drills.

I just grabbed up a recon Bosch die grinder that I've been wanting for a while. Good price. However, you do have to purchase at least one new item to get free shipping...but it was only $7.

So much for my tool-buying moratorium. And I didn't even get the free shipping. Thanks a lot, STEVE!

Eric, do you have experience with an electric die grinder? I'm pondering the cost of a big air compressor vs. a bulky electric grinder. Any opinion?

Yeah you need a really huge compressor to make it work. Plus you have to listen to it scream the whole time. I've been using a cheap die grinder for the last few years and it works okay but gets really hot. I'll keep it around just so I can keep two burrs ready at the same time but I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

==>Plus you have to listen to it scream the whole time

Plus, you get fine mist pheumatic oil all over the place... Think sawdust, but particulate oil -- nice...

I've got a half dozen die grinders, rt angle grinders, etc in 2", 3" and even one 4"... They are great -- on farm equipment...

Unless I'm performing major emergency surgery, they never ever enter the shop...

They're great for sculpting...the only thing I use them for...

That's what I'm looking for. Pneumatic is certainly much more comfortable to work with, but air power is a pretty large investment.

Maybe I'll just wait until Festool offers one, and buy your Bosch for a song when you upgrade!