Shapton lapping plate @tripleh

Tom Cancelleri

My local Woodcraft happens to have a Shapton lapping plate that you use the powder to flatten your stones. I have Shapton pro stones, and the lapping plate is in clearance at "make an offer" nobody wants to buy this thing.

Is it worth making an offer? They have the price on it as 129 as the price for it about 7 years ago. Woodcraft price to break even on it is 84 bucks. They said well accept the most we can get for it.

4ad1ebe2789cd637534a4a0b2dc55a5a.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I do not believe that lapping plate is able to use diamond paste. This plate is ONLY for dry grit. 

Frankly, for this price you can purchase a very nice approx extra coarse - coarse diamond plate (250-300 grit), which will do a BETTER job flattening your Shaptons (I do all mine, from 1000 - 12000, on a 275 grit diamond stone). And it will do it without the hassle and muck.

Regards from Perth

Derek

==>probably going to be giving it away for next to nothing

discontinued product...

I used to have a plate -- forget the make... killed it... I still have a bunch of lapping abrasive -- I sometimes use it on MDF -- it's a quick and dirty touch-up when I don't want to pull the stones out...