Here we go. Roubo from scratch

Good questions. This mill is owned and operated by a friend of mine. Thomas is an arborist who has become the go to for many communities around me.

A few days ago, Tom said he had a huge redwood order to fill and would love a hand.

When I got to the yard, there were four ash logs that had my name on them. They had been sitting for months because I guess nobody wanted ash. I asked what he needed to get from them. $50/log. DONE!

we filed the redwood order and got to start the ash today.

It is beautiful lumber. The wood is mostly salmon pink.

Around here, ash only takes a few months to dry. I'm hoping they will be ready in 3 months.

I had really set my heart on steamed european beech for my build.

When Thomas offered me the logs, at a great price, and I thought about the novelty of actually running the mill myself to prep them. I made a snap decision. Ash is not my absolute favorite wood to look at, but I'm sure I won't regret it.

Is he going to kiln dry it for ya

Coop, based on the wood that he cut 90 days ago already being in the 10% range, I see no point to kiln it. It will stack and sticker in his yard of 90* days with 15% humidity naturally flowing through. When it's ready, it's ready.

Ash has nice big open pores that I assume have been helping it to dry so quickly.

My normal Irish Whisky is Tullamore Dew. Tastes great, less $$. Smoother and less harsh. I got tired of Jack Daniels burn.

If you ever to my neck of the woods, we have some nice Canadian whiskey and ryes. there are some made out west that are quite popular.

• Like 1