Disc Sanders

bushwacked

As I sit in my hotel room in Japan catching up on all my youtube woodworking shows I see things I want. Shocking I know! Traveling and jet lag are bad things since I have a lot of free time in the mornings since I am awake at about 1-2am every day.

Anyways!! I am looking into a disc sander and was curious what are some solid purchases? I was thinking the grizzly 12" disc sander would be good, but I have not heard much about it. What other brands should I look into? I think the 10" would be a tad small and 12" would be just right for me ... 

g7297-71b6344833c6ed94131253ea9c4cf78c.j

I bought their belt/disc sander and love it..  I don't use it very often but, am sure glad I have it when I need it.  The dust collection on it is horrible at best!

Which one did you buy? I'm looking to get one and I know they have two the cheap one has no dust hood realy but the more expensive one has a hood all the way around that is the one I'm thinking of buying since I want dust collection.

I'm just outside Tokyo. I would love to go to Osaka but that's nowhere close sadly. So not enough free time to make a trip there.

a7e82dc3b2aa0701f6af5ead4c05ea6e.jpg

3bb37e93fc41a132d8d99fdec905f057.jpg

We did make it to mt fugi though ...kinda cool but just wish it had snow on it like all the other cool pictures. Apparently it's kinda rare to see it so clear??

I'm just outside Tokyo. I would love to go to Osaka but that's nowhere close sadly. So not enough free time to make a trip there.

a7e82dc3b2aa0701f6af5ead4c05ea6e.jpg

3bb37e93fc41a132d8d99fdec905f057.jpg

We did make it to mt fugi though ...kinda cool but just wish it had snow on it like all the other cool pictures. Apparently it's kinda rare to see it so clear??

it is pretty rare. I've been to the Marine detachment there. It was freezing for 2 weeks. I was miserable.

I guess I missed it completely.

You're in Japan, by your self and your dreaming of a belt sander?

OH, the younger generation!

Yea..  A little strange..  I'm in Oklahoma and researching dust collectors, that's not so strange for those of you that have seen Oklahoma ;)

• Like 1

I guess I missed it completely.

You're in Japan, by your self and your dreaming of a belt sander?

OH, the younger generation!

well this is at 1-5am when nothing is open and I cant sleep because of the jet lag :) Other than that I am soaking it all in, I love this country.

If you have the space and can afford it, then I agree that a large stationary belt/disc combo machine is the way to go. I bought the 12" disc sander from HF for like $100 or something with a coupon. For what I ask of it, it does great. I typically can't stand HF tools but this is one of their "gems".