Do you ever just go to hang out?

rodger.

I spend a lot of time in my little shop - planning, building, cleaning, etc. But sometimes I just take my weekend morning coffee out and drink it there and ponder things (mostly woodworking related). My wife thinks this is weird, ha-ha.

Do you ever just go and handout in your clubhouse?

• Like 2

It was in a woodworking video, or maybe a war movie but ...."I love the smell of sawdust in the morning"!  Hang out? Hell yeah, even when it entails minor clean up, sharpening something, adjusting a jig, drawing up a new project, putting points on pencils...... It's better than being in the house sometimes, I "know" where every damn thing is... Often in the house I have to ask questions.  And it's not moving!  [former truck driver]

• Like 2

Absolutely!  It's my favorite part of the house. Most mornings I get up around 5, take a walk with my dog before making a pot of coffee in my shop, then watch the sun come up.  And any time Alison turns on Real Housewives of Anywhere (what an oxymoronic title to any of those shows), I head out to the shop with Maggie and watch woodworking videos or catch up on the forums.

Everyone needs some alone time.

• Like 1

I'm at my parents house sleeping on a spare bed. My stuff is spread between 3 houses as I'm moving/ remodeling my new house also all my stuff is stacked all over the parents house because the basement flooded. But the new houses shop is set up so ya I go over there when the stress gets to me and sometimes I just sit there and feel defeated because it's taking so long. But the shop gives me a space to call my own while I'm crowded in my my family so it gives me a chance to restore my battery.

• Like 1

I think you should still seek some out sort of mental health care coop, not trying to be pushy, just looking out for your best interests bro :D

But, 12 turtles in one's shop should not raise concerns. It just takes me longer to say good morning.

"Honey, what's the number for the turtle sanctuary?"

"Which one?"

"The one on Maple Street"

"There's two turtle sanctuaries on Maple"

"The mom and pop one...not that big corporate turtle sanctuary"

"It's number two on the speed-dial honey"

that sounds like a classic episode of The Simpsons.

Definitey. I sometimes go in for a minute or two, close the door, take a look around, take a few breathes and tell myself in a few hours when the kids are in bed i can replace the screaming children sounds with the sounds of these machines. Gives me a little hope and restores a little sanity. Again, a LITTLE sanity...... :wacko: